Behind the four figurative sculptures nestling in the façade of this 4-star hotel with its 42 rooms, a centuries' old history is waiting to be unveiled.
Before the French Revolution, Rue de Lille was called Rue de Bourbon, as the street led to the Palais Bourbon. In 1789, with the outbreak of the Revolution, the street was renamed Rue de Lille, because the first elective representatives arriving in Paris to set up the new regime came from the town of Lille.
The beautiful late-17th century building that houses the Hôtel d’Orsay was once owned by Napoleon Bonaparte's surgeon. In 1897, during the construction of the Orsay train station opposite the hotel, it was opened to visitors and was named the Hôtel de la Nouvelle Gare (New Station Hotel). Then the station became a museum, but the hotel is still welcoming visitors from all over the world, together with the many politicians, senators and elected representatives who frequent the Saint-Germain-des-prés quarter.
After major renovation work in 1998, which united the Hôtel Solférino and the Hôtel d’Orsay, the latter took on its present form and continues to develop, so as to welcome our guests in the respect of the spirit of the place and its more than century-long hotel tradition.